If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak or are worried that carbon monoxide is escaping from a gas appliance, call the free Gas Emergency Services helpline straight away on their free 24-helpline: 0800 111 999.
You should also:
- Open all doors and windows to let plenty of air in
- Leave all electrical appliances as they are – don’t turn anything on or off
- Put out any naked flames and don’t smoke, strike a match or do anything that could cause ignition
- Open doors manually if you have electrical security entry locks
- For more advice, visit the Health and Safety Executive website.